- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- enabling the provision of the Services to you
- conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- direct marketing of the Services
- direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners
- designing services for you
- conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- conducting program viewership survey and analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- customising the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences
- provisioning of customer services
- handling your complaints and account enquiries
- fraud prevention and detection
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED Types of personal data collected by the Company may include:
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your account details, including first and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- Your household income range, and personal interest; and
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device.
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- Company’s associated companies, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
- All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
- All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website
- obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- enable tighter security